Pakistan Adventist Seminary developed from a small Seventh-day Adventist boys’ school founded on the present property in 1923. In 1937 it became a coeducational institution with the integration of the Seventh-day Adventist girls’ school from Chichoki Mallian. Steady growth followed as students came from all parts of the Punjab and Northwest India. After the partition of India and Pakistan in 1947, a new period began necessitating the development of a programme on the tertiary level. In 1957 Pakistan Adventist Seminary was authorised by the Southern Asia Division of Seventh-day Adventists to begin a two-year Junior (Intermediate) Seminary Programme. After several years, authorisation came to develop a Senior (Higher) Seminary, and the first graduates received their degrees in 1970. The institution now incorporates the Lower Seminary (years 1-8), Middle Seminary (years 9-10), and Higher Seminary (years 11-15). The Seminary is an institution administered by the Pakistan Union, which has been a part of the territory of the Trans-European Division of Seventh-day Adventists since 1985.